The Office for Civil Rights and Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology have collaborated to develop model Notices of Privacy Practices for health care providers and health plans to use to communicate with their patients and plan members. The HIPAA Privacy Rule gives individuals a fundamental right to be informed of the privacy practices of health plans and health care providers, as well as to be informed of their privacy rights with respect to their personal health information. Health plans and covered health care providers are required to develop and distribute a notice that provides a clear, user-friendly explanation of these rights and practices.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information about our patients in order to provide high-quality diagnostic imaging services. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Contact information (address, phone number, email address)
- Date of birth
- Health history and medical information
- Insurance information
We collect personal information directly from our patients when they schedule appointments, complete patient forms, or communicate with our staff. We may also collect personal information from other healthcare providers with the patient’s consent.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use personal information about our patients for the following purposes:
- Providing diagnostic imaging services
- Billing and payment processing
- Quality assurance and improvement
- Communicating with patients regarding their healthcare
- Compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose personal information about our patients in the following circumstances:
- To healthcare providers involved in the patient’s care
- To insurance providers for billing and payment purposes
- To regulatory authorities as required by law
- To our third-party service providers who require the information to perform services on our behalf, such as IT support or medical waste disposal
- With the patient’s consent for any other purpose
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take appropriate technical, physical, and administrative measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. We maintain a comprehensive security program designed to safeguard patient information, including regular staff training and risk assessments.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
Patients have the right to access and review their personal information held by Optimized Diagnostic Imaging. Patients may also request corrections to their personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete. We will respond to all such requests within a reasonable time frame.
Optimized Diagnostic Imaging